- The Short Film Market4 days | 9,000 films | 3,700+ professionals
- Exhibition HallOur main area! Come & meet the 35 exhibiting countries this year. Welcome to the new ones!
- Raout PachaNational CANAL+ Award and "Fernand Raynaud" Award for Best Comedy 2020 / France
- DisciplinairesTélérama Press Prize 2020 / France
- Invisível herói (Invisible Hero)Award for Best European Film 2020 / Portugal, France
- QuebramarAward for Best Documentary 2020 / Brazil
- Miss ChazellesAdami Award for Best Actress 2020 / France
- The Loyal ManAdami Award for Best Actor 2020 / France
- Mémorable (Memorable)National Audience Prize and Special Effects Award by Adobe 2020 / France
- Clean with Me (After Dark)National Special Jury Prize 2020 / France
- OllaNational Grand Prix, Student prize and SACD Award for Best First Live Action Short 2020 / France
- California on FireLab Audience Prize 2020 / United States
- Freeze FrameLab Special Jury Prize 2020 / Belgium, Germany, Finland
- Günst ul Vándrafoo (Gusts of Wild Life)Lab Grand Prix 2020 / Spain
- City of ChildrenInternational Student Prize 2020 / United Kingdom
- The PresentInternational Audience Prize 2020 / Palestine, Qatar
- All the Fires the FireInternational Special Jury Prize 2020 / Greece
- Da Yie (Good night)International Grand Prix 2020 / Belgium, Ghana
- B2B sessionsThe most efficient way to meet distributors and festival programmers.
- Buyers’ presentationsWant to know what buyers are after? These talks will help you find your future distributors.
- Meet & GreetThe best way to develop your network, enjoying a nice talk around breakfast or apero!
- VideolibraryMore than 8,000 films listed on the Market Videolibrary are accessible on video terminals.
- ForumExpand your knowledge with conferences about the industry top topics & trends.
- Industry EventsConferences, masterclass...
- MEDIA Rendez-vousContact professionals thanks to our database & schedule your meetings in our dedicated pro area.
- Market screeningsOur exhibitors invite you to very special screenings to promote their latest talents!
- Dekalb ElementaryUSA - 2016
8 programs will present some of the world’s most outstanding short films to families and schools. While offering an early introduction to the magic of cinema, these programmes will no doubt speak to the inner child in kids and grownups alike.
Extend the festival experience with a visit to L’Atelier - temporary film school, or Les Petits Ateliers (for kids up to 6) and find educational material about the films below.
Théo le château d'eau by Jaimeen Desai
FROM AGE 3
This is the perfect screening for families. All ages welcome!
Free online screening, available for everybody but priority to children.
Screening hours for the programme ENFANT :
Sunday 30 - 15h30 - Cocteau
Wednesday 2 - 15h30 – Cocteau
Saturday 5 - 14h00 – Cocteau
School screening 1
These sessions are for children from 3 to 6 years old. Children will see films where animals often take the leading role!
Screening hours for the programme ECO 1 :
Samedi 29 - 11h00 - Conchon
Dimanche 30 - 14h00 - La Jetée
Dimanche 6 - 16h00 – Rio
Screening hours for the programme EVAC 1 :
Dimanche 30 - 16h00 - Rio
Mercredi 2 - 14h00 - La Jetée
Samedi 5 - 16h00 - La Jetée
FROM AGE 7
School screening 2
Maman pleut des cordes by Hugo De Faucompret
These screenings are intended for children from 7 to 11 years old.
Screening hours for the programme ECO 2 :
Saturday 29 - 16h00 - Conchon
Sunday 30 - 11h00 - Conchon
Sunday 6 - 14h00 – Rio
FROM AGE 11
Yallah! by Nassar Nayla, Pitula Edouard, De Saint Albin Renaud, Adant Cécile, Sassatelli Anaïs, Behague Candice
School screening 3
These sessions are for children age 11 years or above.
Screening hours for the programme ECO 3 :
Saturday 29 - 18h00 - La Jetée
Sunday 30 - 18h00 - Conchon
Wednesday 2 - 17h00 - Rio
Thursday 3 - 16h00 - La Jetée
Friday 4 - 18h00 – Lumière
FROM AGE 13
Birds by Propper Katherine
The films are specially chosen in the various competitions for students from 13 to 18 years old.
These sessions are only available for school upon prior reservation.
Screening hours for the programme SCO :
Maison de la culture salle Jean Cocteau
Screening at 9h30 from monday 31 january to friday 04 february
Contact : Jérôme Ters - 04 73 14 73 13 - email@example.com
Screening hours for the programme CP1 :
Friday 4 - 19h00 - Stade Nautique
UP TO 6
Toddlers Workshops "Les Petits Ateliers" - 3rd edition
Play with lights and colors, set images in motion…
The Toddlers Workshops "Les Petits Ateliers" will be back, this year at Milles Formes, the city's initiation center to art for children up to 6, under the shape of resident workshops. Come and make the most of this fun space suitable for all, build a story and see the images come to life through the magic of pre-cinema and animation. Children will get to show how films are made to grownups through numerous initiation workshops around light painting, flip books, the Pop Hop studio, stop motion, or colored shadow theatre..
FROM AGE 13
L’Atelier - Temporary film school - 18th edition
L'Atelier lifts the veil on the secrets of filmmaking, from shooting to post-production.
Among the short films selected for young audiences, the students of the Gérard-Philippe secondary school will choose their “favorite” which will be broadcast on the CANAL + Kid channel.
© Juan Alonso
La Poule qui pond, a children book publisher based in Clermont-Fd, joined the festival to reward a film from the selection of young audience programs. The illustrator (s) of the award-winning film will be offered a publishing contract for the making of a children book published by La poule qui pond.
JUNIOR FILM CRITIC COMPETITION
For the past 24 years, the Junior Film Critic Competition has given a chance for students to extend their festival experience through critical work. The objective is give students a voice to be not only spectators of the films but also become active «reviewers".
All of the winning reviews are published on the Clermont-Ferrand short film festival website and on the Fondation Varenne website algonside with the MAIF funds for education.
The reviews by the grand prix winners are published on the Bref cinema website, while their authors are offered a one-year subscription to the Brefcinéma online magazine and a one-year subscription to the Kinétoscope educational platform for their school.