- The Short Film Market4 days | 9,000 films | 3,700+ professionals
- Exhibition HallOur main area! Come & meet the 35 exhibiting countries this year. Welcome to the new ones!
- B2B sessionsThe most efficient way to meet distributors and festival programmers.
- Buyers’ presentationsWant to know what buyers are after? These talks will help you find your future distributors.
- Meet & GreetThe best way to develop your network, enjoying a nice talk around breakfast or apero!
- VideolibraryMore than 8,000 films listed on the Market Videolibrary are accessible on video terminals.
- ForumExpand your knowledge with conferences about the industry top topics & trends.
- Industry EventsConferences, masterclass...
- MEDIA Rendez-vousContact professionals thanks to our database & schedule your meetings in our dedicated pro area.
- Market screeningsOur exhibitors invite you to very special screenings to promote their latest talents!
Euro Connection is the main platform for the co-production of short films. This two-day pitching and networking event aims at fostering partnerships between European and international production companies faround short film projects. The next edition will take place on Tuesday January 31 and February 1st 2023, and will include pitching sessions, informal networking for producers and participants and one-on-one business meetings.
Our annual call for projects is launched across Europe and results in the selection of 14 projects whose producers are invited to pitch at Euro Connection and network with the participating industry audience of potential co-producers.
The call for entries is now open, until October 20 2022.
May apply producers legally based in one of the countries associated to Euro Connection 2023 (list to be published). All projects must match the following criteria:
- The project is a short film (animation, fiction, creative documentary, VR project).
- The duration does not exceed 30 minutes.
- The project must have partial funding in place granted from an external source (third party organisation).
- The producer intends to develop the film as an international coproduction
- Shooting or production shall start no earlier than June 2023
Support to Ukraine
The organization of Euro Connection will reserve one place for a project in development whose director was born in Ukraine wherever she/he may reside on the European continent. The project must be attached to a coproduction company based in Ukraine or in Europe and looking for coproduction partners. Applications must be sent in English using following a specific online form (see below).
In each country, the national correspondent sets up an expert committee who will nominate 1 finalist project. A European jury will then review all finalist projects and select up to 14 projects for Euro Connection. Additionally, the winner of the Baltic Pitching Forum will be selected to Euro Connection as a result from the partnership between these two events.
Participants will be informed of results end of November, and announced on our website by the end of the year 2022.
Euro Connection revolves around:
- Script consulting session (online, mid-Dec. 2022) & video pitch guidance (early Jan. 2023)
- Live pitch training session (Monday 30 January 2023).
- Live pitching sessions (Tuesday 31 January 2023).
- Facilitated networking for producers and participants.
- One-on-one business meetings (Wednesday 1 February 2023).
Clermont-Ferrand accreditation holders wishing to attend Euro Connection pitching sessions will be able to book their seat using the online form available here from January 16 2023. 150 industry delegates take part in Euro Connection each year.
110 films were completed, including 61 international co-productions, as a result from the first 14 editions.
Presented by the Clermont-Ferrand Short Film Market, in association with the Creative Europe MEDIA Desk France and the Centre national du cinéma et de l’image animée, Euro Connection receives support from Creative Europe’s MEDIA sub-programme and the PROCIREP.
firstname.lastname@example.org / Tél.: +33 (0)4 73 14 73 22