- The Short Film Market4 days | 9,000 films | 3,700+ professionals
- Exhibition HallOur main area! Come & meet the 35 exhibiting countries this year. Welcome to the new ones!
- B2B sessionsThe most efficient way to meet distributors and festival programmers.
- Buyers’ presentationsWant to know what buyers are after? These talks will help you find your future distributors.
- Meet & GreetThe best way to develop your network, enjoying a nice talk around breakfast or apero!
- VideolibraryMore than 8,000 films listed on the Market Videolibrary are accessible on video terminals.
- ForumExpand your knowledge with conferences about the industry top topics & trends.
- Industry EventsConferences, masterclass...
- MEDIA Rendez-vousContact professionals thanks to our database & schedule your meetings in our dedicated pro area.
- Market screeningsOur exhibitors invite you to very special screenings to promote their latest talents!
Euro Connection is the main platform for the co-production of short films. This two-day pitching and networking event aims at fostering partnerships between European and international production companies faround short film projects. The next edition will take place on Tuesday February 1st and 2nd 2022, and will include pitching sessions, informal networking for producers and participants and one-on-one business meetings.
14 European projects will be carefully selected to be presented at the 13th edition of Euro Connection. A dozen producers will be also invited to be in the Producers Focus(the producers of the remaining finalist projects, outside the final selection, will be given priority invitations to be part of the Producers Focus). The Book of Projects and Producers 2022 will be available here early January.
Deadline to submit a project: October 20 2021
All projects must match the following criteria:
- The project is a short film (animation, fiction, creative documentary, VR project).
- The duration does not exceed 30 minutes.
- The project must have partial funding* in place granted from an external source (third party organisation).
- The producer intends to develop the film as an international coproduction
- Shooting or production shall start no earlier than June 2022.
Countries associated to the 2022 edition are: Austria, Baltic countries, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, North Macedonia, Netherland & Flemish Community, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Serbia, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden.
In each country, the national correspondent sets up an expert committee who will nominate 1 finalist project. A European jury will then review all finalist projects and select up to 13 projects for Euro Connection. Additionally, the winner of the Baltic Pitching Forum will be selected to Euro Connection as a result from the partnership between these two events.
In total, 14 carefully selected projects will be presented at Euro Connection 2022. Participants will be informed of results end of November, and selected projects will be announced on this site mid-January.
Euro Connection revolves around:
- Script consulting session (online, mid-Dec. 2021) & video pitch guidance (early Jan. 2022)
- Live pitch training session (Monday 31 January 2022).
- Live pitching sessions (Tuesday 1 February).
- Facilitated networking for producers and participants.
- One-on-one business meetings (Wednesday 2 February).
Clermont-Ferrand accreditation holders wishing to attend Euro Connection pitching sessions will be able to book their seat using the online form available here from mid-January 2022. 150 industry delegates take part in Euro Connection each year.
100 films were completed, including 51 international co-productions, as a result from the first 10 editions.
Presented by the Clermont-Ferrand Short Film Market, in association with the Creative Europe MEDIA Desk France and the Centre national du cinéma et de l’image animée, Euro Connection receives support from Creative Europe’s MEDIA sub-programme and the PROCIREP.
Read the Guide of short film production funds in European countries published by the MEDIA Desk France.
firstname.lastname@example.org / Tél.: +33 (0)4 73 14 73 22