- Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Festival41st edition from February 1st to 9th, 2019
- BonoboSwitzerland - 2017
- DrzeniaPoland - 2018
- SkuggdjurSweden - 2017
- Rebirth Is NecessaryUnited Kingdom - 2017
- Black America AgainUSA - 2016
- Retour (The Come Back)France - 2017
- EverythingUSA, Ireland - 2017
- Little JaffnaFrance - 2017
- Les Indes galantesFrance - 2017
- VihtaFrance, Belgium - 2017
- Kötü Kiz (Bad Girl)France, Turkey - 2017
- Dekalb ElementaryUSA - 2016
Submit a film
Online entries to the next edition of the Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Festival are closed.
You can however enter your films easily into more than 60 major festivals around the world using Shortfilmdepot.
International Competition 2019
Entry deadline :
- July 9th 2018 for films completed in 2017 (after October 1)
- October 9th 2018 for films completed in 2018
Registration fee: free of charge
- Films completed after: October 1st 2017
- Maximum running time: 40 minutes
- Origin: All countries (except France)
- Festival screening format: DCP
National Competition 2019
Restricted to French films
Entry Deadline: Octobre 19th 2018
Registration fee : free of charge
- Films completed after: November 1st 2017
- Maximum running time: 59 minutes
- Origin: France as main country of production
- Festival screening format:: DCP
Lab Competition 2019
- No application for this competition is necessary since the films will be chosen from those submitted to two competitions above.
- The Lab Selection Committee will select the films for the Lab Competition from a pre-selection proposed by the Committees of the International and National Competition.
Short Film Market 2019
No registration for this competition is necessary since the films will be chosen from those submitted to the International Competition and National Competition.
Registration fee :
- The registration of your film at the Short Film Market is free and non-competitive.
- Only films submitted to the National and International Competitions of the Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Festival are eligible.
- All films presented for selection, selected or not for the official competition, will be listed in the Short Film Market catalog.
Video library option:
- All films submitted to competition will be optionally accessible from the Short Film Market Videolibrary.
- To register your film, simply leave the "Market Registration" option checked when submitting your film to the National or International Competition.
- Your subscription to the Short Film Market Videolibrary can be canceled at any time by sending us a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Selected films of the International, National and Lab Competitions will be accessible from the Short Film Market Videolibrary in a non-optional way.
- How it works
- Registered films will be accessible from the Short Film Market Videolibrary (37 video terminals) and then for an additional 9 months from its online extension.
- The Videolibrary and its online extension are only accessible to attending professionals (festival programmers, distributors, TV & VOD buyers, etc.).
- By default, we will use the preview copy that has been uploaded to Shortfilmdepot when you submitted your film to competition. If you wish to replace it with a new version (final version, English subtitled version, etc.), please upload the new video file to the Shortfilmdepot film card originally used to register your film to competition by using the "Upload a New version " feature.
- Then, please send us a note to email@example.com
(Only new versions uploaded before January 10, 2019 will be considered)
Submissions are to done via Shortfilmdepot only.
Please complete the entry form, upload your film to the platform and submit to “Festival du Court Métrage de Clermont-Ferrand”.
Here are the regulations : National Competition (FR) / International Competition (UK / FR).
There is no registration for the Lab Competition since the films will be chosen from those entered into the National and International competitions.
No preview links are accepted. Only uploaded films & submissions via Shortfilmdepot are accepted.
We do not accept DVDs. Only preview files (.mp4) can be uploaded via Shortfilmdepot.
If your film is in English or in French, you do not need to subtitle the film.
If your film is not in English or in French, please subtitle it into one of these two languages.
-> For subtitles’ information regarding the selected films, please refer to our regulations.
Regulations : National Competition (FR) / International Competition (UK / FR).
You can submit as many films as you want.
Unfortunately no, you cannot re-submit a film that has already been submitted to the festival in the past (even if the new edit is very different from the first).
This includes films that filmmakers decided to send as works-in-progress.
Yes, you can submit a work-in-progress version of the film to our festival before the deadline. Just make sure you tick the work-in-progress section on the upload page of your Shortfilmdepot account. However, we ask you to upload the final version on the same upload page as soon as possible and let us know when it is done so our database can be updated: Tim (International Competition / firstname.lastname@example.org), Calmin (Lab Competition, email@example.com) or Stéphane (National Competition, firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please also be aware that we do not accept re-submissions, so be sure you are totally satisfied with your decision of submitting a work-in-progress because you will not be able to re-submit next year.
The time limit for the International Competition is 40 minutes & 59 minutes for the National (French) Competition.
We do not accept late entries.
We will personally contact the selected filmmakers & the submitters the first week of December.
The list of selected films will be published shortly after on our website.
Non-selected films will be notified by email and their Shortfilmdepot account will be updated accordingly.